Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 27 - Today I am Grateful For.....

I have moments where my work touches me to the bottom of my toes - tonight I had one of those moments.

A little more than a year and a half ago I spoke at a women's financial education seminar with a great group of women - 3 or 4 months later I received a call from a fellow who served on a board of a local non-profit who had questions about the personal financial strategy and how to address an impending layoff.

As I met with them and listened to their story - it seemed that this couple would definitely need to make some significant commitments to changing their financial situation.

Over the course of several meetings we identified the opportunities for what they would need to do to to improve their current situation and have them heading in a direction that would provide significant peace of mind and re-structure their financial foundation.

I just had my one year meeting with them tonight - guess what they've been up to this year? They are completely out of debt - pay cash for everything - run a positive cash flow of $1,200/month - just recently did $10,000 worth of home improvements and paid cash - they sleep fitfully at night - and the portfolio we have built for them is sitting in a good place and heading in the right direction.

The relief I saw in their eyes tonight was overwhelming and I was so proud of their commitment to each other and their future.

Today I am grateful for.....
  • The commitment of people to change their situation.
  • The heartfelt gratitude when people have truly been touched.
  • The courage of a friend to say she wanted to do a 1/2 marathon next summer and allowing me to run along.....what am I thinking?
  • The support of good friends.
  • Referrals from dear, wonderful clients.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment