Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 26 - Today I am Grateful For.....

I have a friend who is in the middle of a vision quest this weekend. I find myself slightly distracted as I think of her out on her own since Friday, no food, no water and no sleep until Monday when her support team goes back to where they dropped her off and begins a search to find her.

The people in her life supporting her have agreed to focus their energy on her and her journey - each having a bit of a task. I decided my task would be warmth - especially in the night. (I am notorious for being a hot sleeper - and Pat and I often joke I could be one of those people to spontaneously combust in my sleep.)

So I have focused my attention her way and have concentrated on one thing - it's made me feel better to have a specific purpose while she is gone. Instead of worrying about how she'll stay warm, and where she will spend her days and nights (a friend of mine says, "worrying is just sending little prayers for what you don't want out into the universe) I am focusing on a positive outcome I desire for her.

It has me thinking how easy it is to become distracted in life on all the things we don't want - and has me asking myself where I can focus my thoughts and energy in my life and the lives of those closest to me on the one or two things we truly desire.

What are you focusing on?

Today I am grateful for.....
  • Doggy play dates with incredibly gracious friends - who definitely know how to make you feel welcome.
  • A good visit with my best friend Deanna and her son Trever.
  • The love of my dad and mom.
  • Reconnecting with extended family after much too long.
  • My fun new business cards that came today - one for networking one for clients.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment