Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 22 - Today I am Grateful For.....

So one fifth of the way into our adventure - and I am finding this quite interesting - how I feel about the book-ends of my day as I call this process.

I have fallen a bit with my early routine - I think perhaps because I know I have this such public commitment to fulfill at night.

So my question for you tonight is if you don't act angry does that mean you never are?

Sometime ago I made the decision to not swing with my emotions from one extreme to the other and I find myself living in a much healthier place for me and my family. There was definitely a time that you would know all emotions all the time! So does that mean I don't get upset, angry or frustrated - not all - I just consciously decide how I will be with those feelings. It is definitely a stretch some days - and I don't want to sound too 'zen' - but it sure is amazing how I am in my life.

When I think of all the hours I have lost in my life being in a negative place I am so thrilled I heard this message and have recaptured so many hours in my life going forward.

.....so today I am grateful for......
  1. Making conscious choices in how I appear in my own life and the lives of others every day.
  2. The growth that has allowed me to have a stronger presence in my own life.
  3. The people in my life who shared some of their journey to allow me to learn how to be a better me.
  4. The great ability to appreciate the quality of time in my life and with those I love.
  5. A sleepless night that allowed me to dream.

.....so my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about anger last (sleepless) night, as i had witnessed some very angry people on a recent trans-Atlantic flight. My 3 not-terribly-profound thoughts are these--anger almost always comes from a sense of powerlessness; the Buddhist way of choosing how to respond is actually a way of taking control and therefore having power; and finally, I suspect there is a genetic component (as well as learned behavior) to one's propensity to emotional highs and lows. Okay, think I'll take a nap now. Thanks, Debb.

    ReplyDelete