Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 20 - Today I am Grateful For.....

Twenty days.....I can't remember ever having kept a 'new' commitment like this one - 20 days in a row - in many ways it seems to have flown by - in many ways I look forward to it each day. What have you recently committed to and stuck with? Did it go by quickly or not?

I find it interesting that something I have dreaded and fought so long - go back to the beginning posts - I am now finding great peace and comfort. How much easier would many things be if I did not fight them - and just went along and did them and appreciated the lessons they provide.

Today I am grateful for.....
  • Acceptance - this is a big one for me - and there is a tremendous difference between acceptance and resignation.
  • Warm big dogs who come and hop into bed around 3 am because they are a little chilly themselves - no one needs an electric blanket if they have one of these four footed friends.
  • Good conversations with mom - one of my favorite Sunday routines since I moved out and went to college - coffee and mom on a Sunday morning.
  • Roasted and braised meat - nothing tastes much better in the fall.
  • A big freezer full of food - when so many have so little I am grateful to have been blessed with so much.

.....so my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment