Tuesday, September 22, 2009

100 Days of Gratitude











So here I sit on the first day of Fall - thinking of all the great things that have been happening this year.


I have had a loooooooong hate/hate relationship with my nemesis Journaling and am finding it simply wonderful that we are becoming allies....who'd of thought.....right Bill? While I still have much work to do - I am finding it less of a struggle in the morning and more of a treasured time for myself.


Maybe it has been with the help of my hummingbird friends this summer....but it seems to be coming more effortlessly.

I have been giving some thought to journaling in the evening as well for some time- but honestly I am lucky to get my contacts out of my head before my eyes close. Yet, this last week I heard Sunny Kobe Cook speak about 5 things we can all do every day, whether we are successful or struggling - and one of those things was to be grateful.

This stuck with me this past week and I began wondering how grateful I really am. I mean, I say I'm grateful for many things - but do I really spend time BEING grateful.

So this morning I decided with the last 100 days 0f the year ahead I am going implement some exercises, actions and practices of gratitude - I will wrap up my day with my new "Gratitude Journal" (which is really an old casualty of a long ago attempt at journaling - it's the dark one on the right) and write the 5 things I am grateful for that day -what I have realized through my journaling struggle all these years, is that it really doesn't have to be profound.

So, to go one step further; each night I will share my 5 Things and any insight I have, here on the blog - I know it's been neglected too......once my compliance department realized I was not going to be dispensing financial advice here - they said okie dokie! Hurray! And this just seemed the perfect time to re-enter the blogging world.

I haven't worked out all the details on the being part of Grateful...but I have a pretty good feeling it will become clear in the next 100 days.

So, glad to have you along, perhaps you'll be inclined to embark on this adventure with me - looking forward to your thoughts and can't wait to see where we go together.


.......my wish for you and all who you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

3 comments:

  1. Thank's Debbie. You have inspired me. I will join you in the 100 day challenge. I think I too need a new Journal. I couldn't believe how negative the old one was. Whine Whine Whine!

    I also want to start a personal blog. Maybe even with pseudonym. It will be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to all your great insights - great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - 100 days! You are inspiring. I am going to see if I can do 30 and build from there. I'm grateful for you and that I met you. Thanks Universe!

    ReplyDelete