Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 8 - Today I am Grateful For.....

Is it just me or does anyone else find the irony of the universe interesting? I mean, how many of us have had those moments when we put our fork in the sand and claim something for our own...and then WHAM up alongside the head we feel this great big energetic hand, catch our attention and say, "really...you'd like to see if it gets...(bigger, more challenging, etc)

So you might have guessed today was the day of which I speak above - I'll be real candid and say it will be a bit before I am ready to fully discuss the implications and magnitude of today - I just want to check in though and ask a question. When the big hand of the Universe whaps you upside the head....how will you react? Will it be with patterns and behaviors that don't serve you or those you love well? Or will it be a chance to flex the muscle of intellect and gratitude in the face of adversity? I'm gonna go with the latter and add a little bit of chicken :) for tonight's post - I have to admit the finding the good in the bad isn't gonna work for me tonight - so I am going into what I consider the sure things...nothing earth shattering tonight and no nods for a Nobel Prize - however am keeping my committment to myself and to you.

So, today I am grateful for:
  • Hankies - these lovely little delicate pieces of cloth that remind me that being sentimental and emotional should be a statement - not something to apologize for and "wish you had a tissue".
  • Big soft socks that keep our transitioning feet toasty warm as the weather drops 40 degrees over the last week.
  • Friends who share and trust you with their most precious personal information - what an honor.
  • Kitty cats with 5 toes you warm the hearts and hearths of those of us fortunate to know you.
  • The cruddy weather this afternoon that mirrored my mood - the lightening and thunder and rain was exactly what I was trying to say but couldn't get out.

......my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment