Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 6 - Today I am Grateful For.....


So today is my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. And in true practical Ray and Kay fashion - he golfed in a memorial golf tourney he has participated in every year since his friend died and she worked because it was month end and somehow she ends up with extra days off...her words to him on the way out the door this morning at 5 am, "Be home by 3:30 (she's off at 2:30) - that's when we got married 40 years ago."


If you don't know me - or as you do get to know me you will know that my parent's are so much to me - most importantly they are friends to me - and when I introduced them to Pat in 1994 - him too.


So today I am grateful for:



  1. Mom and dad who are celebrating their anniversary today.

  2. Living this one great love I have been given - thank you Pat.

  3. Friends who show unexpected appreciation when you do no less than they would.

  4. The lovely walkway on Alki where I can enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon and walk with husband and hound.

  5. John Muir and what he did to identify, preserve and protect what I love as Yosemite National Park - thank you Mr. Muir for listening to the spirits who counted on you to tell their story.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment