Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 36 - Today I am Grateful For.....

I spend much time thinking about where I want to spend my 'free' time - what community causes I am passionate about and want to support. A few years ago I met an organization in Auburn called Griefworks after several of my clients had shared the amazing assistance they provided after the death of a spouse or family member.

Two years later I am pleased to share I serve on their board and have nothing but the best things to say about the board with whom I serve - an amazing group of people committed to the work of the organization in the south sound area - a founder with a kind heart and amazing skill. And the unbelievable work of one of the most lovely human beings I have ever met - our executive director.

Today we had our fundraising breakfast - what tremendous support by the community - and had a wonderful key-note speaker in local sports caster Tony Ventrella - who shared with great insight how grief and death are things to not be feared.

Today I am grateful for...
  • An early morning community event that helps remind me of the good of kind hearted people.
  • A funny friend who was just getting up when I was leaving the fundraising breakfast.
  • The safety a friend felt today as she just needed a safe place to land.
  • Everyday blessings.
  • White space on my calendar.

...my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment