Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 45 - Today I am Grateful For.....

This weekend I heard someone say essentially that many people only pray when it desperation or dire straits - and it reminded me of a quote from my childhood and one of the greatest baseball players EVER...Satchel Paige who said, "Don't pray if it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."

Gratitude is something that is particularly easy to identify if you are not dealing with challenges and much harder when adversity is prowling around your life. I do know for myself these past 45 days have been an exercise and a true wonder in the journey between 'saying' I am grateful and 'being grateful'.

Today I acknowledged I having been living a life of gratitude for a long, long time. It is no longer necessary for me to search for what this gratitude lifestyle looks like. For me it is in every morning when I get up with my husband and say good morning, it is in the emails my dad and I share every day where he tells me I am the smartest girl....it is in the phone call to my mom at the end of her day - and the conversations I have with good friends who remind me that my life is truly a blessing - I am grateful for so many things.

Today I am grateful for.....
  • The rain that comes into my life it gives me time to rest and rejuvenate.
  • The sunshine that comes into my life and gives me warmth and hope for the future.
  • Monday morning emails from my dad with messages such as, "Go for it."
  • Beautiful meetings with genuine and kind women.
  • The courage to speak my mind and help resolve conflict within an organization.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment