Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 50 - Today I am Grateful For.....

Fifty days of conscious gratitude - I have noticed a shift. Have I shifted or am I attracting those who also live this life of gratitude?

When I started this journey 50 days ago I wondered if I would go from expressing gratitude to living or being in a state of gratitude - always - or at least the majority of time. I find myself doing funny things now in certain circumstances where before I would get frustrated or irritated and now I pause and wonder what's the lesson I am supposed to be learning - and spend time being reflective instead of reactive.

I have read through the 245 expressions of gratitude up to today and am absolutely awed by the abundance of riches in my life - the experiences and the people. Few of these gratitudes have been things and I love knowing where there is such richness in my life has very little to do with "stuff" - this makes my heart fill with joy.

This is National Donor Sabbath - the weekend two weeks before Thanksgiving when those who have been touched by organ donation and transplantation have the opportunity to share within their communities of faith the ultimate act of compassion and generosity. Today I want to open a window of gratitude for organ donation and transplantation.

Today I am grateful for.....
  • The Kime family of Seattle. In February of 2001, twenty year old Kristopher Kime's life was cut short - Kris was a designated organ donor - his decision to be an organ donor saved the life of my dad. 8 years, 8 months and 12 days later I have the opportunity to tell my dad how much I love him and I get to hear his voice on the phone when we talk each day. All because of the generosity of a stranger.
  • LifeCenter Northwest - our regional OPO - the staff and leadership that saves lives every day.
  • Witnessing the transformation of a young girl to a young woman as her life was saved when she received a liver transplant.
  • The people who have registered their wish to donate AND have talked with their family.
  • The opportunity to witness the miracle that is the gift of life.

If you would like to register to be an organ donor, or to get more information - visit this website http://www.donatelifetoday.org/.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment