Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 51 - Today I am Grateful For.....

Are you looking through your life like it's a cracked windshield?

I ask only because on Friday I had my car's windshield replaced - and it was LONG overdue. The rock chip that spread and became not one, or two, but 3 spider legs across my front windshield didn't bother me anymore - I had learned to drive with them - leaning to the left or right depending on where I needed to go.

When I got in my car Friday afternoon - the big clear windshield became a very clear (pun intended) metaphor for what has been happening in my life.

I have been working on myself for many years, however with such crystal clear precision for slightly more than two years, and as I drove home I marveled at how in my own life I had been leaning to the left and right for so long - and this big clear windshield was now my metaphor for all the possibilities ahead - with no distractions - just unlimited possibilities.

Today I am grateful for.....
  • A quiet morning with my writing.
  • Brunch with some girlfriends.
  • Making progress on reclaiming our garage.
  • Finding the pickles my dad likes on-line in bulk quantities!
  • The deep gratitude of my husband.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

2 comments:

  1. This is the perfect metaphor, Debb. I'm glad you're seeing clearly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I could just remember to keep the windshield wipers of life working!

    ReplyDelete