Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 37 - Today I am Grateful For.....





I love it when people I admire set an intention or goal - share it with the world - and achieve what they desire. Today was that day for me as I virtually watched my sister-in-law Freddi compete in the New York Marathon. It was awesome as I was up when she took off and was able to log - in and watch her little virtual person make tracks. What made it even more fun was I sent a text to my brother-in-law Tim to tell him how cool it was to watch...what I didn't realize was that I would become part of their day - my ability to see on line and text to him and their other friend where she was helped them make sure they knew which mile to be at to cheer her on.


What a tremendous accomplishment for Freddi - she trained for 5 solid months - this was her 2nd marathon (has run numerous other 1/2 marathons and 10 milers) she ran every day - AND gave up drinking for the last 5 months - as Tim said, "who among us since we were 21 can say that?"...today she had her first adult beverage after the race ... a Guinness - atta girl! She finished in 4 hours and 18 minutes (officially) - Freddi has been an inspiration to me for the 13+ years I have known her - and today probably tops the cake for me.

I may have shared a couple of weeks ago that I suggested I do the Seattle Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon with my friend Betsy Talbot this coming June - and I don't think I've shared with you though that I currently don't run...at all. I haven't run in YEARS - I can walk for sure - but run I do not - watching Freddi, and talking with her today has inspired me to commit to running the 13.1 miles in June. You have to start somewhere - so for me it starts tomorrow - I'll keep you posted on my progress - I know myself well enough to know - we will not be running tomorrow - we'll just get in the groove by walking for now.



Today I am grateful for...


  • Conscious choices to set goals

  • Terrific relationships with my in-laws

  • My sister-in-law being such a healthy and strong woman and role model

  • A beautiful sunset over the Olympic Mountains tonight

  • Seeing the moon come up over the city skyline - on the way back from our walk and watching the sunset.

.....my wish for you and all you know is prosperity and the good fortune you deserve.

1 comment:

  1. We can do it, Debb! Maybe not in "Freddi time" but definitely within normal human time.

    ReplyDelete